Welcome to our guide on “Costco Chicken Prices,”—where we break down everything you need to know about the cluck-worthy deals at your favorite warehouse store, Costco. If you wonder whether Costco’s chicken prices are as tempting as their giant muffins, you’re in the right place.
Here you can explore the cost savings of buying chicken in bulk.
Whether you’re a budget-conscious family or a meal prep enthusiast, join us as we navigate the delicious and cost-effective world of Costco chicken! Let’s get started.
How Much are Chicken Thighs at Costco?
Costco’s chicken thighs’ prices depend on their status: fresh or frozen, with skin, without skin, with bone or boneless. Here are the details of chicken thighs prices at Costco:
- Kirkland Signature Fresh Chicken Thighs, for $20.35 per package of 11 lbs, which costs you $1.85 each lb.
- Kirkland Signature “Air-Chilled” Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs are relatively expensive as they’re air-chilled. These boneless, skinless chicken thighs are available for $36.59 in 8.43 lb packaging, which costs you about $4.34 per lb.
- With a slightly higher price tag of $41.57 for a 5.58-pound packaging, the Kirkland Signature Organic Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs are also available at Costco. You can get them for 7.45 per lb.
- Kirkland Signature Seasoned, Boneless Chicken Thighs are available and ready to cook at Costco. You can get them at $19.89 for 6.5 lbs of packaging, costing you $3.06 per pound.
- At Costco, Kirkland Signature Fresh drumsticks are also available, which you can buy online. These drumsticks are avoidable for $9.84 for 8.0 lb packaging to cost you $1.23 per lb.
- And, if you need air-chilled drumsticks, Costco can be your go-to place. Here, you get Kirkland Signature “Air-Chilled” Chicken Drumsticks in 8.7 lb packaging for $10.70, which costs you $1.23 per pound.
- You can also get chicken drums in bulk at Costco Business Center for $0.50 per lb in 40-lb packaging.
- If you’re looking for halal chicken thighs, then you need to go to Costco Business Center. The Case Sale Halal Chicken Thigh Boneless Skinless is available for $1.84 per lb price, in a 40 lb packaging.
Note: The prices for chicken wings at Instacart are higher than Costco Business Center by a few cents, which makes no big difference.
How Much are Chicken Breasts at Costco?
Costco sells its chicken breast at varying prices. These chicken breasts are available as frozen, air-chilled, fresh, or seasoned. Here are the details about their prices:
- Kirkland Signature Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast is available in 8.7 lb packaging for $37.76, costing you $4.34 per pound.
- Kirkland Signature “Air-Chilled” Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts are available at Costco. Packaging 9 lbs costs you $39.06, or $4.34 per lb.
- Kirkland Signature Chicken Breast (seasoned, frozen) in 6.5 lb packaging is sold for $23.00–costing you $3.5 per lb.
- Kirkland Signature Thin Sliced Chicken Breast, available in 10 lbs packing (for $33.58), is another quick delight for busy folks. These chicken breasts cost you $3.35 per pound.
- If you love ready-to-cook, seasoned chicken breast chunks, Just Bare Chicken Breast Chunk is available in 4 lb packaging for $22.38, costing you $5.95 per lb.
- Halal chicken breasts are also available at Costco Business Center in bulk packaging of 40 lbs for $1.94 per lb.
- At Costco Business Center, you can get Case Sale Jumbo Chicken Breasts for $1.84 per lb.
For making a quality controlled, premium choices, you can buy:
- Farmer Focus Organic Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts, 20-count in 10 lbs packaging to cost you $14.99 per lb.
- D’Artagnan Green Circle, Air Chilled Chicken – Boneless and Skinless Breasts, in 11 lbs packaging for $12.72 per lb.
Note: Chicken breasts at Instacart cost you a few cents more than at Costco Business Center, however, the delivery is free.
How Much are Chicken Wings at Costco?
Just like other chicken cuts, Costco sells chicken wings at varying prices. These wings are available as frozen, fresh, skinless, with skin, or seasoned; hence the prices also vary. Here are the details for Costco chicken wings prices.
- Kirkland Signature Fresh “Air-Chilled” Chicken Party Wings $27.90 /pkg (est.)
- $3.10 / lb (About 9.0 lb/package)
- Kirkland Signature Chicken Wings in 10 lbs packing are sold for $31.09. So, they cost you approximately $3 per lb, approximately.
- You can also get chicken wings in bulk at Costco Business Center for $1.54 per lb in 40-lb packaging.
How Much are Chicken Tenderloins at Costco?
You can also get chicken tenderloins at Costco. However, they cost you more than chicken breast prices, even in bulk. These cuts are smaller than breasts and require full chicken to get you 2. Therefore, the prices are higher, for example:
- At Costco Business Center, you can buy chicken tenderloins in 40 lb packaging for $2.44 per pound.
- The halal chicken tenderloins in bulk packaging of 40 lb are available for $2.64 per lb.
- While at Instacart, Kirkland Signature Fresh “Air-Chilled” Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins are sold for $4.71 per lb. And the whole package of 7.65 lbs costs you $36.03.
How Much is Whole Chicken at Costco?
If you need whole chicken for frying or rotisserie, Costco is heaven. Here you can find the whole
- At Costco Business Center, Pilgrim’s Farms Young Chicken Whole Fryers, 2 count, 14 lb avg weight, are sold for $1.69 per lb.
- If you need organic whole chickens, you can also get them at Costco Business Center for $3.19 per pound price. However, owing to higher demand, these might not be available occasionally.
How Much is Cornish Hen at Costco?
- For bulk purchases, you can get Tyson Premium Cornish Hen, 25 oz, 6 counts, for $5.26 per whole chicken at Costco Business Center. These chickens are minimally processed and free from hormones, steroids, artificial ingredients, preservatives, and antibiotics.
- If you don’t have a Costco membership, you can still buy the Tyson Cornish Chicken 6 counts with a few cents difference. It costs you $5.80 per chicken and $34.82 for 6.
Why Should You Buy Chicken at Costco?
Costco offers savings, quality, variety, convenience, and meal planning flexibility for grocery items that benefit your wallet and taste buds. Here are the reasons why you should get chicken at Costco.
One of the biggest advantages of buying chicken at Costco is cost savings. Costco is famous for its bulk buying opportunities; chicken is no exception. Buying chicken meat in larger quantities often pays less per pound than smaller grocery stores. This can make a noticeable difference in your grocery budget.
Costco is known for its stringent quality control measures. Their chicken is typically high quality and often carries reputable brands. You can trust that you’re getting good chicken when you shop there.
Costco offers you a wide variety of chicken cuts and types. Whether you’re looking for boneless, skinless breasts, whole chickens, drumsticks, or even speciality items like organic or free-range options, they usually have it all under one roof.
Shopping at Costco means fewer trips to the store. You can stock up on chicken and other essentials in one go, reducing the hassle of frequent grocery runs.
Bulk Cooking and Freezing
With larger quantities, you can batch cook and freeze portions, saving you time and effort on busy weeknights. This helps you plan meals ahead and reduce food waste.
In summary, buying chicken at Costco is a smart choice for families and anyone looking to make the most of their chicken purchases.
How can you buy Chicken Online at Costco?
You can buy chicken online through costco.com or Instacart easily. All you need to do is to create an account by signing in and adding details and then adding products in your cart that you want to buy; finally, proceed to check out. As compared with Costco.com, the Costco Business Center offers you more You can buy chicken in bulk at costcobusinessdelivery.com, yet you need a Costco membership.
Where Does Costco Get Chicken for its private label brand Kirkland Signature?
Costco has its own chicken farm and processing factory in Fremont, Nebraska. Besides this, Costco also disclosed the rest of its Kirkland Signature chicken suppliers.
Costco’s chickens are certified by the Global Animal Partnership (GAP), a non-profit organization that sets standards for animal welfare.
Animal welfare advocates have praised Costco’s commitment to transparency about its chicken suppliers. The Humane Society of the United States has called Costco a “leader” in the fight for better chicken welfare.
However, in February 2021, Mercy for Animals, an organization aiming at animal welfare, reported that one of Costco’s rotisserie chicken suppliers, Lincoln Premium Poultry, wasn’t treating the chickens nicely. This made many people worry about how well the chickens were cared for.
Yet, it’s half the story. In fact, any farm-raised chicken at any store, labeled as free-range, might be victim to such cruelty, except those that are pasture-raised. So, if you want to add the healthiest, happiest, antibiotic, and hormone-free chicken to your diet, go for organic pasture-raised birds. It’s the only way to ensure that you get the best meat.
Which is the healthiest chicken at Costco?
Costco’s healthiest chicken option is boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs. These cuts are lean and high in protein. Opt for organic or free-range options if available, as they may have fewer additives and be raised under better conditions. However, the healthiness also depends on how you prepare and cook the chicken. Grilling, baking, or steaming are healthier cooking methods compared to frying.
Can you Get Frozen and Fresh Chicken at Costco?
Yes, you can find both frozen and fresh chicken at Costco. They offer a wide selection of chicken products to suit your cooking needs, whether you prefer the convenience of frozen or the freshness of fresh chicken.
Why Should I Get Costco Chicken Via Instacart?
Ordering Costco chicken via Instacart offers several benefits:
- Convenience: Instacart allows you to shop for Costco chicken and other groceries from the comfort of your home, saving you time and the need to visit the store in person.
- Delivery Options: You can choose between delivery to your doorstep or convenient curbside pickup, making it flexible to fit your schedule.
- Access to Costco Products: Instacart provides access to Costco’s wide range of chicken products, including their popular Kirkland Signature items.
- Cost Savings: While additional fees may be associated with Instacart, you can still take advantage of Costco’s bulk buying and cost-effective pricing. Mostly, Instacrt delivers Costco items without a delivery fee.
- Customization: You can easily customize your order, select specific quantities, and make notes for your shopper, ensuring you get the exact chicken products you want.
- Membership Not Required: Unlike shopping in-store, you don’t need a Costco membership to use Instacart for Costco purchases.
Using Instacart for Costco chicken shopping can simplify your grocery experience and offer a convenient way to access Costco’s poultry products with no membership.
Costco’s chicken prices offer a tasty deal for budget-conscious shoppers. With the option to buy in bulk, you can save money on high-quality chicken. Plus, their commitment to transparency and animal welfare standards is commendable.
Just remember, the healthiest choice is often boneless, skinless, organic chicken. So, whether you’re planning family dinners or stocking up for meal prep, Costco’s chicken prices can help you stretch your dollar without sacrificing flavor or quality.
Cluck your way to savings and enjoy delicious chicken dishes for less!