Last updated: May 1, 2023
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are widely used to make websites work or work more efficiently and provide information to the website’s owners. Cookies enable a website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- Help us remember and process your preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and interactions to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- Personalize content and ads, provide social media features, and analyze our traffic.
We may also use trusted third-party services, such as Google Analytics and Google AdSense, that track this information on our behalf.
Categories of cookies we use:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the website and cannot be switched off without affecting the use of the site. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources to measure and improve our site’s performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and, therefore, anonymous.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set up by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set up through our site by our advertising partners. Those companies may use them to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not directly store personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report website usage statistics, deliver advertisements on and through the website, and so on.
For example, we use:
- Google Analytics: A web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads on its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Your choices regarding cookies
Here are instructions for managing cookies in some popular web browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.